Sunday, March 8, 2009

MTG Deck Smith

I'm what I would like call a deck smith(Self-Proclaimed Baby!). It's just a fancy term for a guy that builds decks budget or otherwise. My friends who don't have enough cash to build decks or don't know squat of how form combos or deck synergy, come to me for advice and to have thier decks remodeled. My service fee is only how much they want to give to rebuild the deck or sometimes I do it not for cash or free of service. Take for instance my good frined who's name I will not mention wanted me build on his deck he doesnt have the cash for it I said pay it interms of drawing(he's a good artist). so I built a deck out of the cards he gathered and adding them with some of the cards I got(was saving them for a rainy day or incase I wanted to use them). to build a new deck which of coures he's currently enjoying. I named it "The Esper Airforce".

Another client of mine was my good friend Philbert the 1st place winner in the first week of the Magic Octagon. His was a special case since he didn't care for theme but wanted a deck that would mirror his own YuGiOh deck's fighting style. So with carefull planning and a bit of gathering in my part I made a deck that suited his style running good kill spells and burn spells since his YuGiOh deck's style was fast beat down with a hint of burn while he prevents people from using key cards, MTG trasilation: a Black and Red, weenie, burn, discarder. all he paid for were the kill spells which amounted to Php220. If he'd done it him self he would have paid more than Php500. And thats me what I partially do during my free time build decks. If your a newbie and is looking for an edge just come and ask me for an over haul.

No comments:

Post a Comment